/* Google Analytics Code*/

Friday, August 29, 2008

Welcome

I'm starting this blog as a repository for research about learning, play, learning through play, designs for learning and playing, playing at learning, learning to play... as well as development news regarding educational toys, games, video games, etc. I'll likely also throw in news and info on other informal learning environments occasionally, such as TV, books, museums, etc.

I'm starting it for my own edification - as a graduate student in the Learning Sciences who is very interested in informal learning environments, I'd like a place to collect thing things I find around the internet for future reference. Hopefully, though, a few people out there with similar interests will find this useful as well.

If you would like to point me toward any resources to include in future posts, please leave a comment!

A few more things about me: I like toys. I've been a Barbie doll collector since about the age of 12, I love video games and am rarely found without my Nintendo DS. I spent most of my childhood obsessed with educational toys, and only in the past few years have I come to realize that this is a valid area of research interest. My background is in Cognitive Science and Gifted Education.

No comments:

Post a Comment